Saturday, March 22, 2008

ISSUE7.MARCH22.AMAZING

Amazing
I remember a series in our youth ministry that we went through that was all about worship. I had been thinking for a while about the beauty of creation and I was really just captivated in the vastness of it all.  Living in Central Oregon every day we wake up and see these breathtaking mountains.  The sun setting through the Cascades is quite a site.  Sometimes I would just find a quite place and watch the sun go down.  Those moments were very cool for me.

The thesis of amazing is really this: God in His spectacular creation chose to focus His attention on us through the life and sacrifice of Jesus.  The second verse states "I've often wondered how the God who created all could come to this earth and die for something he made."  It seems totally backwards. We should be the one's dying and instead God dies?  What a trip.  

That thought is why I continue to be amazed and in awe of God.  I don't understand Him because His ways are so selfless.  I suppose that is why He is the one who is worthy of my worship.  Amazing is an anthem of praise to an awesome God.  I hope it helps you worship like it has helped me.


No comments: