Sunday, March 23, 2008

ISSUE8.MARCH23.LOVEOFMYLIFE

Love of My Life
I've known of God for many years.  I knew he worked in people's lives, I knew he could work through me, I knew where to find certain books of the Bible, and I knew all the stories it told.  There is a vast difference in knowing "about" someone and "knowing" them.  I can know a lot about our president but it doesn't mean he's like "Hey Casey let's go out and get Chinese! (in actual China)."  There is a vast difference between someone who observes the game and someone that gets in on the action.

When I went to college in 2000 I had a choice to make.  Would faith for me just be something my parents exemplified and I adopted or would I find my own personal passionate faith in God? I had amazing Christian friends in college and they drug me out of bed on several Sunday mornings to go to church.  After a few months this apathetic current running through my veins I finally came to a place where I was desperate to find God for myself.  This would be the transition for me between knowing about God and knowing Him for real.

Since those raw and real moments in Idaho where I truly learned to hear His voice and understand His heart for the world I have had an amazing journey of discovering God.  Love of my life, talks about the love of God that I have experienced in those moments with Him.

I like the line "a love that does not hold back" because it shows me how faithful God is. I was giving him nothing at points and He was giving me everything.  He was pouring out love all over me, through great relationships, Christians friends, awesome teaching from my church, worship, you name it.  

The song in it's simplest form is a response.  It's a response to God for everything He has whispered in my ear, for every time I felt alone and he came to me, for every discouraging moment where He told me I could do it, or every time I failed.  My response to Him in this song is "I love you too."  

My prayer for you as you listen to this one is that you recognize how valued you are by Him. People say things that are painful, situations hurt, you can go weeks on end and experience and unexplainable suffering in your soul, but know this without a doubt, God is captivated by you.  Psalm 139 says he thinks about you all the time (more than sand that stretches across a beach).  His thoughts, his passion toward us, and His love are too great for words. He deserves my greatest and most heartfelt response. 

No comments: